PHP Home Previous
Next How To Install PHP Wamp Server Step by Step
What is PHP
PHP stands for PHP: Hypertext Preprocessor.
PHP is a server side scripting language, which means that the PHP scripts are executed on the webs server.
PHP was created by Rasmus Lerdorf in 1994.
The first version used by others was available sometimein early in 1995 and was known as the Personal Home Page Tools.
PHP supports many databases.
- Generic ODBC
- PHP files are returned to the browser as plain HTML
- PHP files have a file name extension of "
- PHP files contain text,HTML tags and scripts.
- PHP runs on differents platforms (Windows, Linux, Unix, Mac OS, etc.)
- PHP is compatible with almost all servers used today (Apache, IIS, etc.)
- PHP is free to download from the official PHP resource: www.php.net.
- PHP is easy to learn and runs efficiently on the server side
Advantages of PHP
- Reduce the time to create large websites.
- Create a customised user experience for visitors based on information that you have gathered from them.
- Open up thousands of possibilities for online tools.
- Allow creation of shopping carts for e-commerce websites.
What is PHP PHP Code Programming Language